My Green Doctor is a self-administered study program helping all types of healthcare clinics and offices to save money and lower their environmental impacts. Teaching our patients is a big part of My Green Doctor. The program is a free non-profit service owned by the Florida Medical Association, Tallahassee, Florida, USA.
Offices learn how easy it is to “go green” by adding only five minutes of Green Team business to each regular office staff meeting. What to say and do at each meeting is provided so there is nothing for the office manager or Green Team leader to study. Whether your office meets once a week or once a month, this program will work for you. Most offices save money in the first month. We provide real value to you, your practice, your patients, and your community.
How it works:
- Register: Begin by registering at www.MyGreenDoctor.org. Registration is free, quick, secure and confidential.
- Decide to add Green Team subjects to each regular office staff meeting.
- Green Teams add just five minutes to each meeting. You will pleased with what you can accomplish with five minutes!
- The “Meeting-by-Meeting Guide” tells you what to say and do at each meeting. There is nothing for the office manager or Green Team leader to prepare or to study.
- Workbooks: If your Green Team wants to go into more detail than is in the “Meeting-by-Meeting Guide, you will find lots of facts and ideas from the more than than 120 Action Steps and Education Steps in our seven Workbooks. The easiest ideas for your office will be the “Quick Start, Now!” steps that are found near the beginning of each Workbook.
- At each meeting, fill out the Green Team Notes form: This is an easy way to keep track of your Team meetings and progress. Green Team Notes will become most of your documentation for earning your Green Doctor Office Recognition certificate in just a few months.
- Obtain your Green Doctor Office Recognition. This attractive certificate for your waiting room will impress your patients and colleagues. Recognition, which is valid for three years, is offered for free to FMA members and to members of our Partnering or Participating professional societies, or $250 to non-members.
Looking for more ideas than found in the Meeting-by-Meeting Guide? We provide seven workbooks with more than 120 Action Steps and Education Steps to choose from:
Workbook 1: Energy Efficiency
Workbook 2: Renewable Energy
Workbook 3: Water Efficiency
Workbook 4: Solid Waste & Recycling
Workbook 5: Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
Workbook 6: Transportation & Commuting
Workbook 7: Healthy Foods for the Doctor Office
Each Workbook contains:
- An Introduction to the subject of the Workbook.
- Background Information packed with facts, plus web links to more information about the subject.
- An Office Assessment section to guide you in assessing your office’s current performance in preparation for making changes.
- An Improvement Plan listing Action Steps that your office can take for improving your office’s performance.
- The Green Team Notes form that allows you to record your meeting minutes and to keep track of your progress. The Notes form makes it easy to apply to the FMA for your Green Doctor Office Program Recognition. Download the form here.
My Green Doctor is free, secure and saves you money. Have questions? Contact the Editor at [email protected]